View Single Post
Old 09-08-21, 08:37 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 949 Times in 556 Posts
cracked cranks are fun.

I had thought once in awhile I felt my peddle was not quite right but then I checked it was fine. but today when I was sprinting across the street it was really off. checked the peddle seemed fine but tried again really off. I finally found out why the crank arm is cracked. this is on my bosch bike. I wonder if it is the really big peddles for my big feet or that sometimes I can put put 600 to 700 watts for a really short burst or both? I was about 3 miles into my ride home when I found it. only a couple of miles from the ebike shop I bought the bike from. well I went there and told them it was a isis spline and they thought they gave me the right arm out of their junk box. I go back to work as I have a crank puller there. try to take the crank off discover I am missing the washer on stye crank puller so it wont work. lucky I have another shop about 4 blocks from my shop ride there get the crank off and find it is the wrong one. s oI( put it back on and carefully ride home in turbo not putting much pressure on the right crank. of course thats the crank I stand on when starting so its awkward.
I should be able to rise but I wont get a workout now. new arms are like 65.00 but I spent 30.00 for overnight shipping. this is the same arm on our tandem when we crashed look how much it bent. never crashed my regular bike worst case it fell over on that side once.

Likes For fooferdoggie: