View Single Post
Old 04-20-22, 09:34 AM
N2deep

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by Richard Cranium
That a pretty vague description of any exercise history. Typically, anyone serious about improving exercise tolerance and or training for a specific goal will have definitive athletic milestones they wish to return to or exceed.
Your age - would suggest you would want to try to ride as well as you did ten years ago. But, if you had no fitness level then, I guess you should be setting new fitness goals now.
In either case, improvement in any sport is easier when the athlete takes stock of his/her exercise volume and applies measured efforts for measured session lengths and frequency. These routines require self discipline, that's why its called "training."

You have to ride fast to get faster. You have to ride often to be able ride longer. Good Luck.

I ride for fun and average 3K a year. I agree with the "Can't improve what you don't measure" philosophy. I ride alone most days out of choice and schedule issues and live in the coastal flats of Southern Texas, no hills but plenty of +15mph wind. I appreciate everyone's input and will start a 4 day week ride, with one long trip and shop for a power meter..

Thanks again
Likes For N2deep: