View Single Post
Old 08-15-22, 01:46 PM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4260 Post(s)
Liked 1,364 Times in 945 Posts
Originally Posted by IcySwan1
I can't get my trusty analog Tag Heuer watch serviced here and have ordered a Garmin Epix. It should be here this week. I am prepared for a steep learning curve. Here is the question - should I synch the watch with the Edge and all the sensors [HR, speed, cadence] and record that activity on both devices, or just let the Edge do that? And, if I synch the watch, does that impact the date reporting to Garmin Connect? I assume the watch will be able to access the Garmin Connect date and read it, but I just don't know if I should be recording the activity on both.
People with Edges almost-always just record using the Edge (the vast majority of them don't have two devices to complicate their lives).

NOTE: Seattle Forrest's comment about the better GPS in the watch suggests you should use the watch to record rides in fjords. In most (other) cases, the GPS in the Edges is fine (many, many people use them).

Keep in mind that you can pair the ANT+ sensors to both the watch and the Edge.

Originally Posted by IcySwan1
I am a 71 road cyclist relatively late to the game. I still use a fountain pen, so i am clearly a late adapter. I use an Edge 830 ...
K.I.S.S.

Last edited by njkayaker; 08-15-22 at 01:56 PM.