Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by Enthalpic
It should probably be focused on the science and physiology of training and racing.
... and that is exactly what I don't do.

There's a ton of coaches out there that have podcasts. There's a ton of ex racers out there that have podcasts.

I'm not looking for a new direction with it - rather topics. We have a pretty good following for the last 3 years now. Something like 35 or 40 episodes.

The premise has always been, "Experience sitting around in a Chicagoland Bike shop. General discussion about racing, bicycles and the industry." It has gotten off track multiple times but in the beginning we just had someone come in and we sat down and started talking. That always worked great. Anthony left for another job in October and since then it's just been a pain to get more than 2 of us in a room at the same time wanting to talk about anything in particular.

The, "racing is dying and it's all because of masters who want to be paid for being prima donnas" bit is played out and even I'm tired of it. Meh....I'll figure something out always but just looking for ideas. I'm not a coach. I've never had success as a racer but can usually tell racers what they should do during a race (I guess that's coaching but not training coaching). I know how to put on races. I know how to provide team support. I know how to fix just about anything and I have an opinion about anything technical. I have a streak of retro grouch in me that provides entertainment.