Old 01-26-22, 02:11 AM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,824 Times in 1,709 Posts
One more post before I hit the sack...

1973 Colnago Super. Restored by Elliott Bay Bicycles in 2006. I got the frame from a pal of mine in West Seattle; it had some minor damage from a front-end collision. The fork was fine, but the down tube got a small crease and the rear triangle was a tad out of shape. These issues were rectified, new paint and period transfers applied - then it sat for nearly 60 days while I allowed the paint to fully cure. In the interim, I finished up the personalized Colnago-themed drillium pieces. While I didn't touch the frame, I had a hand in massaging nearly every component fitted to the frame; Jon Williams also had a hand in this build as he milled the crankarm spider and the backsides of both arms, too. Stem was already pantographed, but I did an extensive clean and polish of it and the Cinelli Campione del Mondo bars. The bar tape is original from 2006 - it used to be black!

But, as with a couple/three of my bikes, it really was a tad too small. Sold to a local (WA) vintage enthusiast for my asking price. No seller's remorse, so I suppose I got my enjoyment out of it during my ownership!

With the exception of the freewheel, this is the bike as-sold in 2021:

DD

Last edited by Drillium Dude; 01-29-22 at 03:08 AM.
Likes For Drillium Dude: