View Single Post
Old 02-01-23, 08:46 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4394 Post(s)
Liked 4,029 Times in 2,690 Posts
Originally Posted by afrowheels
I've been cycling here 2 months and here you are talking out your ass with 'I'm pretty sure that...' 🤣 Listen to yourself man.

And I never said I was from Colombia (or even Columbia or that I was Christopher Columbus &#128514.
Ok Mr. I've been there for two months but haven't found a tire! I guess you are either avoiding all cities and towns or you are just bad at finding stuff? I cannot believe in that country you couldn't get a semi-decent tire somewhere if not something close to the Schwalbe tire you are lusting for. I mean I can understand pandemic related shortages we are still dealing with that globally but to say your only option is a tire nobody likes just doesn't sound plausible in a cycling country.

I never said you were from Columbia, I said I was pretty sure you weren't from Columbia but you acted all high and mighty about US of A as if you were from some country that cannot easily get cycling parts which would be odd on a Surly which is harder to get in countries that don't have QBP.

Also never said you were Christopher Columbus but you are a bit clueless like he was "huh why are there people on the land I just freshly discovered that had already been found previously by other explorers, welp off with their heads"

It is funny how combative you are when people are trying to help you. I mean this isn't an intervention here we are just trying to help you get a tire either the one you really have desired or saying the whole idea of touring on 26" is so you have options good or not so good to keep you rolling in most countries. What the heck do you want people to say? You don't want them to help you but you posted in a forum for discussion so what? If you had just put it into a blog fine but you put it here to discuss and the folks here are generally pretty helpful and sometimes a little snarky but plenty of good help as well especially for the internet.