Old 09-17-21, 03:32 PM
razorjack

Bikes: Trans Sentinel, Spesh Tarmac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by bahula03
Having read through most of this thread, there are some great replies about DIY fitting and biomechanics, and maybe I missed it one of the longer posts but: what problem were you looking to address by getting a bike fit? However, let's call it, unorthodox your current fit is, if it ain't broke, ya know?

It seems like pretty much everything you've tried so far has felt weird or wrong, and uhh...coming from MTBs and the fit you've been using, it probably should? That doesn't mean it's bad though- it'll take your body a while to adjust to the muscles being used, and your mind needs a bit to adjust to how the bike responds to inputs and how to provide inputs. It's a distant memory now, but I remember the fit I started with feeling like I was wobbling around 5' off the ground and reaching about as far forward as I could and that was conservative based off of my ability/flexibility at the time.
hey ! i did bike fitting mainly because of my legs - one was broken long time ago and i need some asymetrical set up. i just wanted to confirm that it's right and i won't damage my joints in a long run;
with upper body i was quite ok, but of course far from 'idealised' roadie pose
MTB could affect me a lot, coz i have some power, but it was always in a different position and my hip flexors and hamstrings are really tight
handling is not an issue, i feel confident during descents or jumping kerbs and doing other stuff. and i really like crispness of my Spesh Tarmac, I tried Giant Defy for a moment, and it was soooo slugish...