Old 09-23-21, 02:49 PM
M Rose

Bikes: 2021 Trek Verve 2 Disk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 80 Posts
Originally Posted by bheinemann
Thank you to all of you- tons of great advice and information, you are an experienced bunch. So I did find (finally) the bike I think is the right choice, and only an hour away from me in Seattle which was lucky and amazing as I could not find it anywhere. Went with the Specialized Diverge Comp Carbon, and it is a sweet ride! 2.0 Future shock, tubeless tires, SWAT compartment, gearing that will work for me, quality post and saddle, and it looks cool as a bonus.

My one question (ha, for now) is that it came with Pathfinder Pro 700x38 and the wheels are DT Swiss G540's. I think this will be just fine for mixed use practicing and training around here for the near future, but wondering about when I get more serious about training for and then doing the Pacific Coast trip which will mostly be on pavement...am I going to want to get a different wheel/tire set up for that? The internet is filled with opinions- this size and type for this, that, so on. I plan to self-support and will have gear bags but am planning to be on the more minimalist side of things for this trip. The tire width/size thing seems to be a bit controversial, or at least debated. Thanks again all!
pics or it didn’t happen lol
Likes For M Rose: