Old 06-25-22, 09:28 AM
cxwrench

Bikes: lots

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked 2,932 Times in 1,489 Posts
Originally Posted by venturi95
I am trying to run a triple up front with a 36 large cog in the back. Using a Deore Shadow 592 SGS rear derailleur. I assume you just use the usual technique to determine chain length (big/big plus a link). In my haste I just used all 116 links, never been a problem on my touring triples in the past. Now it seems a bit fussy (rear der cog grinding in 36). B screw is in all the way. I have found very little info online as to the preferred position of the "second pivot" of the Shadow derail, seems like straight back from the mount is preferred. Shimano's diagram shows it straight back. Nor have I seen a new way to determine chain length. I don't happen to have another chain pin, so tomorrow will be the day for me to sort this out. Anyone ACTUALLY RUNNING A 36 WITH THIS REAR DERAILLEUR? School me.
Since you haven't provided any info about your chainring sizes...who knows? Shimano spec is 22t difference between small and large rings, total capacity is 45t. If you are within spec the proper way to size the chain is small/small.