View Single Post
Old 03-24-23, 04:13 PM
gecho

Bikes: 2009 Trek 520

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked 167 Times in 130 Posts
One nice thing about the cold time of year is being able to go for a 3 hour ride without sweating or needing to drink water. Nearly every ride lately I'll not even touch my water. I usually leave the bottle in my trunk bag so it isn't ice cold (or frozen) if I want it later. Today's ride was 4 hours and I took the bottle out at the 3 hour mark.

The road melt is starting to accelerate. Not so much because its been warm, but we've just had several days of cloudless skies. Starting to get random deep puddles due to plugged drains. The forecast has been revised lower, highs between -6 and -11C until the middle of next week, no above freezing days in the 2 week forecast, so studded tires for several more weeks. Though that's airport temp, in the city we can get 4-5C warmer so anything warmer than a -4C forecast can result in above freezing temperatures where I'm riding.

All in all pretty decent weather, I've ridden all but 2 days in March and am currently on day 17 of a riding streak. One more day to tie my record and two to break it.
Likes For gecho: