Thread: Packing it in
View Single Post
Old 07-31-21, 03:55 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
cobolman, sounds like you’ve made a good decision for your situation. I tell a lot of folks you really have to be all in to ride, it takes effort and is certainly not for everyone. Being risk averse is not where you want to be riding a bike. Riding too defensively can just cause more issues.

Do try and stay active and figure out ways to get the HR up regularly. Continue to watch what you eat and enjoy life.

Like some others I too had to have a hip replacement from a bike crash and have been pain free since. It took me about 12 months to regain most of my previous form but I never got back there completely. It was just more effort and work than I wanted to spend. But I still do all the rides I did in the past but maybe a little slower. I’m now hitting spells more frequently where I just don’t have the desire to ride. I can see the day when riding feels like more of a chore than fun and that will probably be it for me. But I’ve done just about everything I’ve wanted to do on the bike so no looking back here either.

Best of luck with where you decide to take this thing.