Old 08-21-07, 06:21 PM
elfich

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The stated weight capacity for the trailer is 45 pounds. DO NOT EXCEED THE WEIGHT LIMIT.

Here is what happens when you put 60 pounds in the trailer (we went to the grocery store and bought groceries):
The trailer unbalances and turns over; with or without the bike. You have to unbend the trailer so it will stand up again. The trailer is made of steel so it can be unbent without a problem.

We managed to unload the trailer so it had around 50 pounds in it and that rode okay.

The failure mode is quick and unforgiving. If it happens, you MUST lighten your load. If you find that you are going to have to haul heavier loads than 45-50 pounds, find another trailer (like the bob yak at 70 pounds or a two wheel trailer).

After getting it home and checking it out and checking to make sure there was no long term issues it appears to be okay. I just have to be very careful when loading the trailer. When near the load limit, the trailer is much more left-right load sensetive as well. Be careful near the limit.

EDIT: Now I have to wait for my beer to settle before I can drink it.

Last edited by elfich; 08-21-07 at 06:33 PM.