View Single Post
Old 08-17-09, 04:35 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by sherbornpeddler
...Tuesday I found favorite roads in Wellesley (Weston Rd) and Lincoln (Baker Bridge Rd) are under much appreciated repair but Baker Bridge is impassible. I did "ride" it with police warning at 2-5 mph and kept one foot uncleated. The grader driver considerately stopped to make it easier for me to pass but I will avoid BB until September.
Hi sbp,

Always enjoy reading about your rides out in the beautiful western sector. This Saturday I rode out to Walden Pond. Baker Bridge Road has been a favorite road of mine ever since moving to Boston, and with reluctance I avoided it on your recommendations, but you can't go wrong with any route out there. I stopped for a nice morning photo of a pastoral landscape at Sandy Pond and Codman Roads.

BTW, as a similar Public Service Announcement, I took Concord Ave outbound from Cambridge towards its end and then on to Trapelo. There is a pretty steep uphill out of Belmont Center and then a steep downhill on a terrible, bone-shaking road surface. I wanted to at least unclip my right pedal, but it was all I could do to hang on. Except for that it was a memorably serene ride on a Saturday AM before 7:00 AM.

Jim