Old 01-23-20, 08:12 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 174 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 879:

Another unseasonably warm morning for us at 33F. That's the day's high, however, as temps are supposed to drop throughout the day. We had a full 24 hours slightly above freezing, however, which is pretty weird for South Dakota in January. Having any part of a January day get above freezing is unusual here, let alone an entire day.

Freezing drizzle on the way in made for careful riding. The packed snow/ice on the MUP actually made for easier riding than the clear pavement on the streets, as I had more traction. Felt the wheels slip out from under me a couple times, but never came close to going down so it's all good. Had a slight 9 mph headwind, but it was nothing compared to yesterday so I hardly noticed.

Turned on my headlight as I rolled out of the garage and the low battery indicator came on before I hit the end of the driveway. Thankfully it lasted the whole commute in. I now have it charging as I type.

I'm guessing with the freezing drizzle continuing and the temps dropping it will be a lot of sheet ice for the ride home tonight.