Old 05-28-20, 11:16 AM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
I cannot with a clear conscious say that I am a "sprinter "anymore. Just a fat guy who rides a bike a few times a week

my results in my 20s in very early 30s would clearly suggest that I was more sprinter than Enduro however

my nutrition was very roughly divided into thirds. Protein fat and carbs.

I got plenty of fat from my protein sources so I didn't go out of my way to add more fat which people do now who are following a keto type program

breakfast was usually combination of eggs and toast or grits and some type of meat but not always.
Lunch usually occurred after my morning bike ride and I used to stop at a restaurant called Fazoli's (lots of locations across the US, but basically a cheap pasta place) and there I would have a healthy serving of pasta with Bolognese and a slice of pizza or sometimes two to go along with it

dinner would often be largely meat. A piece of steak or a pork chop or two as I did not want to load myself down with carbs before going to bed.

in between I would drink meal replacement or protein shakes regularly

thats how a lot of business got done in the nineties

but the days schedule would be :

wake up and eat
wait an hour then go train, whether it was a couple of hours of bike work or the gym
lunch
thenGo to my job (was a second shift)
before dinner i might have a protein shake - back then , MLO and Met-RX were ruling this stuff
dinner (usually pre cooked and brought from home and heated up in the employee break area)
later another infusion of liquid protein
then after work 3-4x a week, id get in another gym workout

it was a very monastic existence for me and it was very effective at keeping me lean. No calories were counted but i exercised common sense. But i had no issues having an ice cream with my GF on the weekends

But with up to 4 hours or more of training most days, followed by working a full time job in a hot sweaty aircraft hanger, plus being relatively young, -- its no surprise i could stay lean, if not overtrained now that i look back on it

but-- years later, now im a regular in the Clydesdale/Athena area of the forum and am still looking for the elusive answer to drop a few pounds