View Single Post
Old 06-26-20, 09:46 AM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6192 Post(s)
Liked 4,192 Times in 2,352 Posts
Originally Posted by Aushiker
My current bikepacking tent is a Tarptent Double Rainbow which comes in at 1,252 grams (my measured weight). I carry it in a Sea to Summit 20 litre dry bag attached to my Revalate Designs Harness. I also have in the bag, my sleeping bag, sleeping mat, pillow and liner for the sleeping bag. It has worked out well for me so far.

You can see the setup here (yellow drybag upfront).
I would never carry my tent with my sleeping bag. I’ve had many mornings where my tent is wet from either dew (doesn’t happen all that often in Colorado) or rain. It’s not always possible to wait for the tent to dry before having to leave in the morning so the tent may get packed wet. Drying a tent at the next campsite is mostly trivial. Drying a sleeping bag would be very difficult.

I use a harness as well. I don’t like the Sweetroll design from Revelate for the reasons above. I can’t figure out how to keep my sleeping bag dry in contact with a wet tent.
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!

Likes For cyccommute: