View Single Post
Old 05-02-21, 08:38 PM
MinnMan

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11, 2020 Salsa Warbird GRX 600, 2020 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc 9.0 Di2, 2020 Catrike Eola, 2016 Masi cxgr, 2011, Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4368 Post(s)
Liked 3,001 Times in 1,854 Posts
I had a bizarre experience after my first Pfizer shot. I still don't know if it was the shot or something else. After the seccond shot I had the normal mild reaction - half a day of serious fatigue and a modest fever. I was back to riding the next day.

But the first shot.....hmm.

For 1 1/2 days I felt fine, and then the next morning I could...not....walk. Any muscle activity in my legs resulted in severe cramps - the kind you might get after a bad century that you did under-trained and under-hydrated. But these kicked in after 5 minutes of walking or 10 minutes of spinning in the small ring at 80 watts. Either would be close-to-tears cramps in quads, hamstrings, etc. After they subsided, there were no problems if I sat on the couch, but returned with any exercise. Symptoms took about a week to subside.

Medical consultation was inconclusive. My creatine kinase (if you know what that is) went through the roof, but nothing else seemed wrong and then a week later I was back to normal.

needless to say, I lost a week of training and then the week after, I took it very easy on the bike out of caution.

I don't know of any other similar account and I really don't know if it was a vaccine reaction or not.