Thread: 2021 Randonnees
View Single Post
Old 05-25-21, 08:17 PM
David in Maine

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 39 Posts
I enjoyed my first post-vaccination 200k this past Saturday. Got to finally ride the Shelburne Falls 200k from the Berkshire Brevet series in Massachusetts after the ride was postponed from the original April date. A smallish groups of folks, about 25, participated so I spent most of the ride solo. It was my first brevet on my new Seven Redsky bike, and I was very happy with the bike throughout the ride. The 32C Soma Supple Vitesse tires were perfect for the often rough patched and potholed roads. I finished in 9 hours 35 minutes which is a good time for me especially on a hilly route with about 6500ft of climbing. My biggest issue was my feet--I recently bought some new shoes, and I think I chose a size 1/2 size too big. For the last 50k my feet were on fire! Looks like the shoes will be up for sale. I bought some new shoes for my 300K ride this Saturday--I know it's not wise to try new things on a Brevet, but I don't have much choice. I'll do some test rides before Saturday. It feels great to be doing events again--I even signed up for my first ever 400k in June in the beautiful state of Vermont.

David
Likes For David in Maine: