Thread: 2021 Randonnees
View Single Post
Old 05-31-21, 08:01 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Piggybacking on what Joe wrote. I found shoes are a bit like saddles and it takes awhile to get the right one or at least for my feet. It seemed that there were a lot of once used shoes on fleebay. I bought 4-500 dollar pair for 100 bucks. I liked them. I then bought a second pair one size up (48 mega) to use in winter with thick socks or on very hot long brevets. My feet do not swell much but the extra room on hot days is appreciated. I also bought a third pair in size 47 that remain unused. The original ones are now pretty shot. It is time to drill and replace the cleats into the "new" used shoes. The third ones looked brand new. It isn't that I am entirely cheap but I had bought about 4 pairs of shoes retail and hated them all, so, I decided to lessen the cost of experimentation by buying slightly used ones. If it is raining, I wear the size 48. They get the crap duty always. The second pair helps because it can take a while to properly dry them out, so, I then use the size 47 pair, assuming the sun is back out drying the lousy size 48 ones.