View Single Post
Old 07-20-21, 04:20 PM
gurana
Tête de Limace

Bikes: 2001 Lemond Nevada City; ~1987 Peugeot US Express; ~1985 Panasonic Sport 500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Thanks dude! Super helpful. The internet can be pretty ok sometimes I never really considered simply boxing my bike up and checking it rather than try for the roll on. Duh! I think I'll stick to just a few days worth of camping for this season and plan for the big enchilada next summer where I can either plan on trying for the roll on or arrange to be able to check them.
Originally Posted by MidLife50
All the well water is tested regularly by NPS for safety. They add iodine to kill any nasties. Some tasted great, some a little off, but I was glad to have it available. Trying to siphon/filter from the Potomac does not sound like a good idea to me.
The wells are pretty dope. I just wasn't sure about the brown tinge I got at one of them last time. Was it part of the iodine treatment? Something else? Who knows? I mean, seriously, who would know? I've definitely drank worse and lived to tell the tale, but those were pretty dire situations. With regards to filtering, I've had great luck in that department... but again, I'm not that educated on the matter and simply went kind of under the same philosophy as my drinking of the well water. The NPS says it's safe and the filter manufacturers say it's good for that purpose, so I trust them both without really knowing anything.