Old 07-23-21, 10:06 PM
jayp410

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
It is pretty flawless in my experience. It picks up any vehicle approaching from behind regardless of its positioning to your left or right. It picks them up very early too, usually well before you hear them so you get a good 10 seconds or more warning before they actually reach you. It can even see up to 3 cars approaching in a line behind you. Signs, traffic lights, hills etc don't seem to be an issue. It only drops out if it loses line of direct sight to the approaching vehicle, like if you are going into a very sharp bend where the approaching car goes out of sight again. But it will pick it up again once it regains line of sight. I can't honestly remember getting any false positives or negatives. It also alerts you more aggressively if something is approaching unusually fast.

It really is one of those rare pieces of tech that exceeds expectations. It would maybe be of less use in an urban setting when cars are passing you literally every few seconds anyway, but out in a rural setting it is utterly brilliant!
I agree with all of that. It never beeps on stationary objects like signs, bridges, trees. It also never beeps for oncoming cars that have passed and are now behind and moving away. If I pull off the road and lean the bike up against something, it will continue to alert for any car passing behind on the road, so that's a slight annoyance, but those are not really false positives as the cars are really there. I didn't like the elastic band mounts that came in the box, so I purchased a clamp-on style mount, but other than that, it's just about perfect. If I lost mine, I would purchase another one *immediately*.

Pretty good review of it here: