View Single Post
Old 06-27-10, 12:45 PM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Just got back in, Waltham, Lexington, Bedford, Concord, Carlisle, and back of course. Found Ride Studio in Lexington but didn't stop. It looks interesting though. It is on the north side of Mass. Ave. along the eastern half of Lexington Center.

I hit the jackpot for good roads. Had been looking at the map for variations and spotted a different route from Concord to Carlisle instead of Lowell Rd/Concord St. From Concord, go north on Lowell Rd, left on Barretts' Mill Rd, right on Strawberry Hill Rd which is well-named. Used my lowest gear a few times but not for very long. Then a right on Pope, left on West, right on South over to Concord St to Carlisle Center. A lovey deviation from the typical loop. Of course the return to Concord is via 225 and River Rd/Monument Rd. Distance door to door 47.14 miles. Total time, 2hrs, 40 min. Avg speed 17.67mph. Next time I hope to ride my age (61 miles). Just have to find the right route. (Just finished lunch. Why am I so sleepy now?)