View Single Post
Old 03-29-22, 04:42 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2739 Post(s)
Liked 971 Times in 794 Posts
Originally Posted by HendersonD
This is literally the last thing I have to decide on, I have been planning this trip and purchasing gear for over 5 months including a new bike. As I put in my first post I have a pair of running pants that are tight at the ankle with zips at the bottom that look to be the best solution to bike on cooler mornings. I also have a pair of Eddie Bauer pants that are very light weight and would be good for off the bike. Trying to decide whether to bring them as well or just stick with one pair of pants the entire ride. Of course most of the time I will be in shorts
I'd be inclined to not worry too much about if you end up taking both. Only you know what is more comfortable for you for given riding temps, I know with me I just like having the hiking type pants for off bike non bikey look, plus being not tight, mosquitoes won't get me through them if I just have my tights on. Some places the bugs can be horrible.
As you say, the majority of time you'll be in bike shorts.
All the best with this final decision, but most importantly have a great adventure.
Likes For djb: