View Single Post
Old 09-18-22, 09:37 AM
daniell

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by easyupbug
My experience is not as serious as yours but maybe helpful in some way. I had fairly unsuccessful torn meniscus arthroscopic surgery at age 20, that was 52 years ago on a knee and now have osteoarthritis in hands, wrists, knees and just recently coming on in the lower back. I can still ride my bikes but with more work on stretching and have focused on reducing vibration, tires, anti-vibration gloves (not cycling gloves), fames/fork, more compliant wheels, saddles, & bars (carbon). I keep rides in the 20 to max 25 mile distance every other day and find generally no negative effect and if a granddaughter drops in I can take a ride on a rest day with little if any negative effect. On bad hand, wrist days I now ride a recumbent trike. It is great for the hands/wrists and back and is too early to be sure but may not be easier on my knees. When I get a flare up I have found what is best for me is a day or two at the most of indomethacin and I am right again. Never found much help with the over the counter NSAID pills and none with the NSAID creams.
I had a problem with seatpost slippage. I wonder whether that could be a factor in my knee pain. Today I walked 2 miles with little pain. The last time that I stopped the Naproxen, the pain returned and I had a unpleasant night