Old 11-17-22, 10:44 AM
3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26382 Post(s)
Liked 10,362 Times in 7,196 Posts
...most of those older, better quality Zeus components have a pretty high value in the used parts marketplace, so my guess would be that someone who traffics in that stuff regularly will probably try to buy it cheaply and turn a profit on the components. I have an orange Zeus that looks just like yours, but a lesser model ( Competition ), with all Zeus parts that are much less desirable. That one is the Zeus I wished for, but it is an inch too small for me. They don't show up all that often here. I don't think there was anyone local importing them where I live.

FWIW, they are built around the French design model, with metric tubing, French threading, etc. etc. , but everything was made in Spain because of the history and politics of the era. Mine came up from Mexico. I guess you might luck into two people who both want it who are the size to ride it and like this older stuff on ebay. Not sure a local sale will find them, but you do live in a major metropolitan area. Intact, these are kind of a rara avis, and it's a a shame it will probably be dismantled. But that's where we are right now.