Old 03-09-23, 11:00 PM
MykGrant

Bikes: Specialized Ruby Pro, Trek Fuel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 10 Posts
Have my 10 legit posts in so I can post pics!

This is big deal. I can post pics now...LOL.

I used to ride a Schwinn Varsity in Jr. High. Guessing it was a 1970-ish bike new. Yellow with black tape and I used it to death and really enjoyed it. Got a speeding ticket in Jr. High on it. (32 in a 25 mph zone). My Dad was very proud and the judge thought it was funny (got off with a warning from the judge, not the officer). I had friends in H.S. that used the word Campy but couldn't really afford it. Not sure if I wish I still had the Varsity or not.

Fast forward about 53 years (yes, I'm 64 now). Dirt bikes, college, work, married, kids, house(s), cars, more work, more houses and more cars. I finally decided to give up dirt bikes since I break now instead of bounce PLUS I have a lot of responsibilities.

During the pandemic I decided to sell my last dirt bike and upgrade my mountain bike. Big mistake, now I'm an adict. I got seriously adicited to carbon fiber. Trek Fuel MTB for the dirt and a Specialized Ruby Pro for the street. My goal in 2022 was 1,000 miles and I did just under 1,200. Di2 is my best friend and my bikes have names! This year's goal is 1,500 and I'm behind due to the wierd weather in California (maybe FEMA can help me?) Now I'm purchasing a vintage 1982 Bianchi in two days. What is wrong with me? Good thing I have a super cool wife.

Last edited by MykGrant; 03-09-23 at 11:30 PM.
Likes For MykGrant: