Old 06-01-16, 02:04 PM
Wilfred Laurier
Señor Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked 293 Times in 216 Posts
Originally Posted by GovernorSilver
I'm 5' 8", 145 lbs. The LBS matched me up with a size 54, which feels right. I did test ride oversized (size 57) and undersized (size 51) bikes as well. The smaller ones do feel cramped. ...

...Also, some may have missed my earlier post in which I said I already had an accident on the Renegade due to a poor approach angle to a ramp - knocked the chain loose and it scratched the frame a bit, but no real damage - and certainly no "assplosion" - based on examination by two different LBS's. It did tumble dramatically though.
Thanks. I am looking for long term reviews from someone bigger (I weigh 230 lbs and have broken a lot of frames) on those carbon frames then maybe I will start saving my pennies.

Originally Posted by GovernorSilver
Jamis has a 1-year warranty on the frame.
WARRANTY GUIDE Look again. Lifetime on all frames, regardless of material.

JAMIS BICYCLES warrants to the original owner the replacement of original components and equipment of JAMIS bicycles due to defects in the material and/or workmanship according to the following conditions and limitations:

1) Warranty coverage on bicycle frames and rigid forks extends for the lifetime of the bicycle while owned by the original retail purchaser, except for the following bicycles:

a) Full suspension bicycles with rear suspension travel of 5" or less: 5 years

b) Full suspension bicycles with rear suspension travel of more than 5": 2 years

c) Komodo and Kromo bicycles: 5 years

2. The components, other than frame and fork are warranted for 1 (one) year. Suspension forks and rear shock absorbers are excluded from this warranty and are covered by the stated warranty of their original manufacturers. Suspension related bearings, pivots and bushings are covered under this warranty.