Old 08-12-21, 02:45 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
Yeah, that’s where my inquiry came from.

CTL keeps us honest, but it just seems a forefront of the TP dashboards. You can customize it a bit, but without a different platform I just feel like the whole thing bombards me with “ctl, atl trend, weekly TSS”.

Like I wish I could track CTL and ATL by separate zones or combination of zones. That probably makes no sense to most, but in my feeble brain it does when I say it.

Like you could ramp up your z4 threshold ctl. Or ramp your z6 ctl to race crits.

After life settles in seasonally realistically my ctl and atl don’t tell me much. More of the same. But dipping into event specific work may change.

It really only helped with tapering for an A+ race kind of deal.

As far as ctl staying same and ftp rising, I track Kj’s per week as a TP chart. That way I can see some kind of progression.
No, it makes a lot of sense. I left one of the pay for play platforms for that reason and others. I'd have a 12 hour ride with say 2 hours at threshold, 3 hours of tempo, 3 hours Z2 and 4 hours Z1. The software would rate the ride as "easy" because the average IP was low. But if I did 2 hours of near threshold, it would score it very high. These all get melanged into metrics that I found not helpful. The guy who ran the company insisted that the 2 hour ride would be much harder than the 12 hour ride and more beneficial. So, I agree with you. I also used TP and I found in TP that I hard to dial in the exponents to reflect my recovery and once I had that, TSS, TSB, ATL, CTL were useful. In the end, I decided a 10 day microcycle worked better for me

KJ is good one. If I were doing Crits anymore, I looked at how quickly I recovered from repeated hard efforts and ability to hold above threshold. Like can I do my 5 minute hill at personal best times and what are the repeats looking like with the stopwatch. Old school. Then, if the training races were getting better, all was well.

How much of a bump in performance do you see when Peaking? I think that is also an area of lies, damned lies, and Statistics.
Likes For GhostRider62: