View Single Post
Old 04-04-22, 02:00 PM
ejewels

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fishboat
Lots of conclusions being made here on little data. No technical effort in actually determining the root of the problem and now he's just going to buy another set of tires as he didn't need the new bike anyway.

Yikes.

Trek may indeed have an issue, but I'd guess a hard look at everything involved here would indicate otherwise. They've been making bikes for a few years now and they seem to be doing ok.
You're right, I was thinking the same. I guarantee if everyone that commented looked at ALL of their bikes and measured to the mm... they would be in for a treat on their perfect frames lol. Either way, I appreciate all of the help and the bike is now returned. NOT just because of this wheel thing... I think it was also that I just didn't need the bike and it was sort of an impulse buy as I wanted to try a checkpoint and it was right there at my local store. Plus, my '21 domane with some gravel tires should do the trick. I'm really only riding light gravel/rails to trails lately anyways. If I want to get gnarlier, I'll just pull the mtb out.