Old 07-27-13, 12:44 PM
Paul J

Bikes: 1980's Spectrum 10 sp Campagnolo Centaur, 1990 Eddy Merckx 10 sp Campagnolo Centaur, Bushnell Tandem, Co-Motion Speedster Tandem

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked 102 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul J
Thanks Ritterview, we were thinking with both wheels off which I think it would if on it's side with everything attached but wheels though if I were to stand it up in a mount connecting at the dropouts I'm not sure if the handle bars would extend too far beyond the wheel-base measurement. I was thinking of getting some type of "runner" that I could set the bike on and then slide it into the vehicle laying on it's side, but I think we will need to do a little more measuring and vehicle consideration. Our problem is hauling the tandem is a fairly small part of the use of the car. Thanks I'll keep you posted.
We got the CR-V as it was a good vehicle for us with or without fitting the tandem. It is a little short but does fit our bike with the wheels off as I was expecting but laying down with the handle bars toward the back the derailleur comes just up a little between the seats. Do great but better the our car fit. We only need to take the wheels off and it slides right in.