View Single Post
Old 07-28-16, 06:48 AM
Jenny.Reyshion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 01 CAt Man Do
These types of rear light ( with lasers ) have been around for at least a couple years. First place I saw them was on the Chinese websites. Most are just cheap junk but I bought one just for the hell of it. It works but IMO the "laser bike lane" idea is just a gimmick. Just because your lamp throws a couple red lines on the road doesn't mean anyone in a car is really going to see it and then react to it. Besides, you want them to see YOU, not a couple red lines on the road near your bike. Buy a lamp with a decent rear output. Forget about wasting battery power to power a couple lasers. It might look cool standing next to the bike but I doubt anyone driving by you in a car is going to notice.

BTW, just the other day I saw an ad for a new Nightrider lamp ( Sentinal ) that will be using lasers. When I saw that ad I just shook my head because I feel the laser lane idea is just stupid. Otherwise the NR Sentinal ( when available ) will still have a nice 150 lumen output. Anyway if you really just want a cheap Chinese version look on ebay, Amazon, etc. Just run "rear laser bike light" on their search engine, that should give you something.
Thank you, CAt Man Do,

It is definitely a gimmick, but I want to try it out