Old 09-01-21, 02:46 PM
gec5741

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sirrus X 3.0 L or XL

Hey there,

I am a novice biker and not hard core but I have been trying to find a good bike for some time now. When covid hit last year it was near impossible to get what I was looking for for what I was willing to spend. This year thinking it could be better I put in an order with our local shop for a sirrus X 3.0 and a Rock hopper for my son. This was back in March and since then the rockhopper has come in but my Sirrus X 3.0 is still on order and not expected in till maybe end of october or November. I really like the Sirrus X for me as it's a good hybrid bike and for the riding we will be doing it's a great bike! So long story short the shop called and they got in a Large Sirrux X 3.0 in the color I want. it's just a L and not an XL. I am 6' 4" and work out so i'm not a small human. I went in today to take a look at the bike and he did swap out the stem for a 120mm and has it slightly raised to put the handle bars in a bit of a higher position. Riding it feels pretty good and he swears it looks good size wise with the modifications. Seat is plenty high. I'm just worried as I want this bike to last me and not regret just getting the bigger frame. I did ride an XL rock hopper he just got in also and wasn't a huge different in fee from a large RH to an XL RH. I thought about just getting the RH but I really prefer the hybrid bike for what I want to do. I guess what my question is should I wait the next few months for the XL or grab this modified L and be done with it? Our rides will be mainly paved and gravel river trails. We like to go anywhere from 15 to 30 miles on a ride.

Thanks in advance for any advice.