Old 09-03-21, 07:28 AM
kolt54321

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
Your saddle is already set back about as far as it can safely go. You shouldn’t push it back beyond the black markings on the rail. I can see the rail is already slightly bent and moving it even further back will make it more prone to bending at the back end. You shouldn’t clamp the seat very close to the end of the straight section of the rail. Maybe time for a new vintage saddle? You might find one with more fore-aft adjustment.
Thanks Pete! I went out and finally played around with it this weekend. Pushing up the saddle helped as the post is angled, but not enough unfortunately (90% of the way there). I think I also found that it'd help with pedalling to be a bit further back. Any tips on finding a saddle with more fore/aft adjustment, or it's just case by case? I'm assuming seats are universally supported, but I may be wrong.

Either way, some lessons learned - geometry really does make a difference! Next time I'll look for a bike that's more comfortable from the onset, but I do hope I can make this one work by finding a seat that can allow me to sit further back. I'm lightweight, so hoping such a seat won't cause much stress on the rail.

A quick check at what others were selling near me showed seats that look... fairly similar, like the below. Not any more to adjust on these, it looks like.

Last edited by kolt54321; 09-03-21 at 07:41 AM.