Old 09-26-21, 02:45 AM
Pulse_

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
Just to let you know the challenge has been potsponed to an undefined date because the organizer was too busy and didn't find the time to end what needed to be done.. Until the end of the week I thought some guys would be willing to ride anyway, even for a shorter distance but they all found a reason not to ride. Whatever, I'll ride by myself for the times to come, this is just the beginning for me. I'm sorry for this, I wished all your good advices would lead to a challenge at the date I announced. You took the time to answer to a beginner like me and I really appreciate your effort.

A little feedback concerning the GP5000 tires + latex tubes. Sensations are phenomenal. First time I rode felt like I was cheating. My average speed didn't change a lot -about 1km/h advantage on the same course- but it must be due to the relative lack of speed variations. The feel is great, the sound too (very distinctive), I have more grip, less weight (-400g), and more comfort than before. I did have a puncture on the rear though but this is due to a piece of glass. The issue would have been the same with my previous setup I think. It's a course where many people go by foot because there is a park nearby so there are many little debris due to human activities. I'm quite concerned about the problem so either I'll need to choose more puncture resistant tires or better places to ride (which is what I'll do).

Right now, I want to prepare my Triban RC520 for winter and road/gravel riding to maximize my time on the saddle. I want to cover every situations with my 3 bikes: road, gravel; mtb.

Typically what tires do you use for winter season, bad/ wet/ slippery roads etc.. ?