Old 01-05-22, 11:27 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2332 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by downtube42
Interesting, thanks for sharing.

Like most randos, I train and ride by feel. As age reduces my athletic potential, I'm becoming more interested in getting the most of of that potential. That means, I think, a more scientific approach to training.

My question to you is this. Most of my post-1200k issues are not muscular or fatigue, but rather with connective tissue and joints. Swelling and discomfort keep me off the bike for a while. Do you think those issues are mitigated any by increased fitness?
I am also noticing inflammatory effects (Edit: I notice that in my joints). I am 63 young. I wish I had an answer, it is something I am trying to figure out.

If I responded to your question when I was in my mid to late 50's, I would have said that increased training load would help. Now, my perspective is skewed because recovery from my injuries places a huge load and thus, I have less capacity to exercise but it seems to me over the past few years age makes recovery much harder and thus, it is even more important not to take a lot of time off. We'd need to hear from randos in their 70's but there are few of them.....

Last edited by GhostRider62; 01-05-22 at 11:46 AM.