Old 09-17-21, 09:57 AM
_ForceD_
Sr Member on Sr bikes

Bikes: Several...from old junk to new all-carbon.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1019 Post(s)
Liked 785 Times in 414 Posts
I’ve never been much of an off-road rider…pretty much strictly road. But I have lived in NE Florida in my life for various periods, and ridden the roads northeast of Orlando (I live in southern New England now). With regard to trail riding…I can tell you that most of Florida soil is sandy and might make trail riding more difficult than you expect. And I can also tell you that…as a runner on those trails frequently…I encountered lots of insects and reptiles (including alligators and poisonous snakes) that you may not encounter wherever you usually ride. I.e. running into a hug spider web (huge meaning both the web AND the spider), or happening upon a gator (they’re fast for short periods), and snakes. So…keep all that in mind if you go on the trails. On the roads…you still might encounter all that stuff…but it’s easier to see in advance and keep away from it. And if you’re looking for hills to ride…well there just aren’t any. My bro that lives in Jacksonville, FL will go for 30-50 mile rides and never have more than about 150 ft elevation. It’s pancake flat.

Dan

Last edited by _ForceD_; 09-18-21 at 09:35 AM.