Old 10-12-22, 06:50 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 949 Times in 556 Posts
Originally Posted by Polaris OBark
I immediately upload my activities after each ride and rename them to something better than the generic "slow feeble afternoon ride" on Strava. If they haven't uploaded to Strava within minutes of completion, it means I hallucinated the ride, and have to repeat it. This can get especially cumbersome if it involves a commute to or from work.

My Garmin dash cam deletes the oldest files when the memory card approaches full capacity. I am not sure exactly what percent of full this corresponds to, but with the Edge it sounds like 200 files is the cutoff. I could see how that might be problematic if someone created huge ride files, say by sleeping without terminating a ride for weeks at a time. So if they indeed implemented it that way, they didn't anticipate the pathological exceptional case.

I don't know if it is user-configurable, but many OS for such devices let you choose to save a week of files, a month, or whatever, or delete them after upload (which has a slight risk). Garmin seems to hard-wire a lot of this stuff. More choices = more user error.
I ride too often to bother I use the Garmin to record my rides mostly. on my commutes and our tandem. this is a typical day though we did not ride the tandem this evening so its one ride short.