Old 07-13-20, 10:01 AM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1327 Post(s)
Liked 2,439 Times in 1,426 Posts
Typical endurance training this weekend along the coast and Camp Pendleton.

On Saturday, my wife and I approached the light at Del Mar Heights road going south on PCH. Typically, this is a long light and a lot of traffic with pedestrians.

A group of cyclists were waiting at the light, and then decided that the red light was just a suggestion and went on red. We approached the intersection and stopped. To beat the light, another rider decided to do one of those turn right hook a quick U turn and then continue south on PCH. As he turns right and starts his U turn, it is right in front of a motor cycle cop. He sees the cop, and corrects his direction and almost crashs into the cop.

We continue on PCH and the cop turns right on PCH. We crest the hill and start down the grade with a solid but normal tailwind. As we pass Carmel Mountain Road, we are catching the cop. My wife passes the cop on a flattish section at Torrey Pines beach at 36 mph after the downhill lead out and he looks over at her. I am thinking what is the speed limit here? I stay slightly behind the cop but in the bike lane. The cop slowly pulls away.

PR on Strava for that section of road.
Likes For Hermes: