View Single Post
Old 07-13-21, 04:48 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4236 Post(s)
Liked 2,949 Times in 1,808 Posts
Originally Posted by drlogik
Go into the shop and ask to see your bike. Don't take no for an answer. I have a feeling.......
My first thought when he called and asked me to call him back right before he went on vacation was that he was going to tell me that my frame was toast. Then I was going to have to call Litespeed and see if they repaired their old frames (it's an Eddy Merckx Titanium EX built by Litespeed) and decide whether or not it was worth paying to have that done if they would do it. The one time I talked with him after he got back (and when I talked with whoever answered the phone today) they made it sound like they just haven't gotten to it yet, so I'm choosing to be hopeful as I have too many other things to worry about (dealing with the lawyers and insurance company about when I got hit and my first bike got trashed - and dealing with the health ramifications of the collision - take up most/all of my bandwidth that isn't taken by other stressors). But yeah, I am getting kind of anxious again. I get that everyone deserves vacations and shops do get busy (and I've been known to put difficult/tricky/annoying jobs on the backburner when there is low-hanging fruit I can accomplish easily) so, hopefully, nothing is wrong and they just got behind.