Old 07-13-21, 05:31 PM
Metieval

Bikes: Road bike, Hybrid, Gravel, Drop bar SS, hard tail MTB

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 214 Posts
Originally Posted by himespau
Honestly, if the frame is screwed, I'm not even sure I'd put it on them. If the 2 different metals seized together and can't be gotten apart, that's on the previous owner for putting the BB in without putting any grease down (the non-drive side threads looked super clean when I pulled them) and on me for buying a frame on eBay without checking on that sort of thing. That and, if he tried to loosen it but didn't realize it was Italian thread and over-tightened it instead, that's also on him (and on me again). I tried to make it clear when I dropped it off that I'd screwed up by buying a frame that I didn't fully know the condition of, but the guy I talked to wasn't the guy who is working on it. So yeah, I totally get your point. PITA job with high risk and low-ish reward (he already cleared with me on his first phone call when he realized that a long cheater bar wasn't going to work that the $40 I was quoted was going to be more like $100-ish, but still that's not a high amount of money for that risk) means low motivation/priority to get it done.
Well hopefully they can get it out....

I still suggest visiting in person.

Wish you the best on this!
Likes For Metieval: