View Single Post
Old 01-27-22, 12:06 PM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Corrugated might provide a little more protection than just the record sleeves, but I'm thinking that some 1/4" plywood would be better.... that would certainly keep the upper corners from bending, but then you still might have the problem of the records sagging below the protection of the boards... Maybe another skinny piece of ply on the bottom, hinged to the uprights?

Where are you getting vinyl? I've been playing more, recently, and was thinking that I needed to go peruse some shops, which I haven't really done since moving back here. There's the place on Nicollet and 26th... and the place on Portland north of the crosstown... the Electric Fetus... where else is good?

And that video doesn't seem too far off from what I see on Strava....

I'd like to make the trip to E Fetus for some used records, but this trip is a little less 'hipster'; I have a gift certificate to Barns & Noble that I'd like to use for some vinyl.

Being in Hopkins, I've gotta say Mill City Sound is great! That's a newer store, and they get some great stuff in there. Plus I don't need anything special when I go shopping there, it's a short 4-block walk

Down in the Valley is a good one too, but I haven't been there in a while.
Likes For Hypno Toad: