View Single Post
Old 01-02-21, 10:52 PM
Het Volk

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked 145 Times in 78 Posts
Apple TV, Wahoo Kickr and ERG Mode

POSTED THIS ON THE INDOOR RIDING FORUM AS WELL .....BUT ADDED HERE TO SEE IF I CAN GET AN ANSWER

So here is an issue that I am having:

Trainer: Wahoo Kickr Core (acquired in summer of 2020, but first used in November 2020)
Zwift Application: Apple TV
Connected Automatically:
  • Power
  • Cadence
  • Control

Not Connected: HRM (which is because I have an old Garmin Ant+ (no blue tooth, which is expected).

Problem:
I cannot get ERG mode to work with the Zwift App on Apple TV. When I reviewed this, it seems to indicate that there is an ERG "On/Off" switch if you swipe up that will show up on the App. However, there is NO ERG button on the App that shows up when I swipe.

When I switch to ERG using the Wahoo App on my iPhone (which controls the Wahoo Kickr Core), it does initially move to the dedicated power, but then in about 5 - 10 seconds, immediately goes back to a simulated mode.

Can someone help me as to how to trouble shoot this? Is this an Apple TV App issue? A Wahoo issue? My trainer is supposed to allow for ERG mode when interfaced with the Zwift app. I am getting frustrated with the inability to set it to ERG so I can enjoy the app without the sudden swings in wattage (which is one of the few advantages over riding outside).