Thread: ICAN Frames?
View Single Post
Old 06-22-22, 10:41 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10955 Post(s)
Liked 7,483 Times in 4,185 Posts
Originally Posted by SoSmellyAir
*The following content has nothing to do with an ICAN frame.*

I think what ArgoMan needs is a shim that would "thicken" his 1" steerer to 1-1/8" so he can use more widely available stems. I also recently had to go that route to attach a 31.8 mm handlebar onto a 1" steerer, because I cannot find a stem for a 1" steerer that would also accept a 31.8 mm handlebar.
Yes, very aware it has nothing to do with ICAN frames. Argo started a thread and asked another question within the thread, so I responded. I know he didnt buy a steel Soma fork for an ICAN frame.

I see now that 1 1/8" is the steerer diameter, makes more sense than the issue I explained.
ArgoMan - buy a shim and move on. Those things were included with stems for a period of time when bikes were equally split with 1" and 1 1/8" steerers. Some shims are long enough to use 1 1/8 spacers, others are only about 40mm and the length of a stem, which means using 1" spacers. Just FYI for appearances.
Likes For mstateglfr: