BlueDevil63 
my name is Jim

Bikes: too many or not enough

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 314 Times in 93 Posts
Originally Posted by Matador6
@BlueDevil63 Thanks for sharing the pictures! Specials are really hard to come by and any examples are always welcome. I actually came across your posting about this bike from about ten years ago, but these pictures were taken at a different location, I think. Anyway, I wrote down a note that you believed at the time the frame was built by Mercier. Do you recall what brought you to that conclusion? Also, I was wondering what pointed to conclude it was manufactured "around 1960" (I think you may have mentioned "early 60's" in the old post, but I don't think you mentioned where the date came from. I could be wrong on that)?
Most likely my recollection is bad. The pictures were in a folder named 60Geminiani. I recall coming to the Mercier conclusion based on discussions on the CR mailing list and another mailing list (I want to say iBOB but I can't remember). Sorry no firm recollection. As to the date I think it came partially from the style of Simplex dropout. I now see your questions in my old for sale thread. Sorry I wasn't subscribed to that thread. I did sell it, to someone on here I think. The pictures I just posted here are from when I bought the frame. The ones in the for sale thread are a few years later when I sold it. And better pictures. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

70 Pogliaghi ItalCorse, 72 De Rosa, 72 Masi Gran Criterium, 75 Masi Gran Criterium, 77 Melton, 79 Bianchi Super Leggera, 79 Gios Super Record, 81 Picchio Special, 82 Guerciotti Super Record, 82 Colnago Profil CX, 83 Colnago Superissimo, 84 Fuso

Likes For BlueDevil63: