View Single Post
Old 09-20-21, 10:34 AM
bikingshearer 
Crawlin' up, flyin' down

Bikes: 1967 Paramount; 1982-ish Ron Cooper; 1978 Eisentraut "A"; two mid-1960s Cinelli Speciale Corsas; and others in various stages of non-rideability.

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked 2,531 Times in 1,059 Posts
At the risk of further derailing this thread, I have to speak up re Scooper. I've had the pleasure of meeting and riding with him in person, more than once. He is a very nice man, and not one given to exaggeration. If he is sure about something, he'll say so. If he is pretty sure but not positive about something, he'll say so. If he doesn't know, he'll say so. He does not make claims about things or say "X is so" without reason. He doesn't make stuff up. Mistaken about something to do with Paramounts and Schwinn in general? Possible, but highly unlikely. He "has no clue"? Simply incorrect.

And to anticipate the "why doesn't he state his sources" gripe, he is not a young man and I fear he may not be in good health - I don't know, that's just my fear from not seeing him here in a long time (and I hope I'm wrong). But he has a ton of cred, a lot more than a newbie with bad manners who shouts "Listen to me." Scooper would be too much of a gentleman to say it for himself, so I will say it for him: pgtnice, you owe Scooper an apology.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming . . . .

Last edited by bikingshearer; 09-20-21 at 07:32 PM.