LesterOfPuppets
cowboy, steel horse, etc

Bikes: everywhere

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12790 Post(s)
Liked 7,698 Times in 4,087 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
How do you know, were you there? Were they taking the whole lane instead of single file in the shoulder? If they were riding single file, would that have mattered. You do not know and neither do I.

Look at the other video of the cyclist playing in traffic on the bridge in Bethlehem, Pa. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Idiotic to cross that way. In two videos posted here, cyclists are at fault in my view. We have no idea what caused the crash in Arizona. None. The driver said his steering locked up. This does happen on those trucks. I am sharing those facts to what I see are a bunch of close minded people. It is not a tidbit. You have already convicted motorist w/o any facts.
The vehicle failed to maintain a lane, struck the barrier separating the shoulder and the sidewalk. It is the driver's duty to maintain control of their vehicle. The driver has failed in his duty and as a result some lives were taken. I'm not sure what magical "cause" of the crash you're hoping for that would override the driver's duty to have a functioning vehicle which the driver can maintain control of at all times. The only question here is was it intentional or unintentional, either way the driver is responsible.