View Single Post
Old 02-19-14, 11:36 AM
OldsCOOL

Bikes: '77 Colnago Super, '76 Fuji The Finest, '88 Cannondale Criterium, '86 Trek 760, '87 Miyata 712

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 313 Posts
Originally Posted by Dudelsack
Funny post courtesy (kind of) of the 41: http://www.atlbanana.com/beltline-ti...st-kills-four/

When reporters pressed Bradley, asking why he didn’t join a sanctioned race at Atlanta’s Dick Lane Velodrome, or any one of the myriad sanctioned road bike races in the area, Bradley said that he only felt fast when passing walking children. He was quickly shushed by counsel.
I resemble every remark.

We have a strava course that has 110 riders checking in for the 13.4mi course...and it is often spoiled by semi-pro riders passing through. I am one that loves and defends his top ten standing. There are plenty start/stops (you can roll thru), slow riders and some pedestrians. I will only attack the course when I'm bumped out of the top ten. I am extra careful on curves with short visibility distance. If I cannot see within stopping distance I slow down and downshift awaiting the full sprint out on the straight. I holler an alert and pass slowly when young ones and oldsters are present but when someone comes into sight up ahead, full kit....game on, baby.