Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6190 Post(s)
Liked 4,806 Times in 3,315 Posts
It wouldn't be worth it to me.

If you are like I was when I finally got hydraulic brakes, for quite a while I had a learning experience to overcome. 50 years of habits had me using too much braking force and several times the front wheel would delivering the maximum possible braking and the rear wheel would be locked up trying to swap ends with the front wheel. One of those times I wound up taking a tumble. Probably wouldn't have been a good thing if I was rehabbing a knee.

Still I like the hydraulic brakes now that I've learned how much force to put into the brake levers. But I'd probably never think swapping from any other to hydraulic worth the price.

If you were considering a entire new bike, then I go for the hydraulics just for the ease of maintenance over other types. But if the bike I wanted didn't come with them, then it'd not be a big deal.

Don't read condescension in posts from others. It likely wasn't intended. When you read a reply, it's you you are hearing the voice of in your head. Not the person that wrote it, so you really don't know how they said it and in what tone they meant it.
Likes For Iride01: