Old 04-04-20, 06:33 PM
FujiSam

Bikes: '72 Fuji Newest, '79 Fuji Royale Gravel Grinder; '84 Schwinn High Sierra BMX Cruiser; '97 Huffy Tremor BMX

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 134 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by reluctantsuburb
Oh, I'm not trying to sell this--I'm trying to build up a commuter for myself! Sorry if that wasn't clear
Both options look great! The Cimarron is obviously nicer, but I'd be remiss if I didn't root for the Fuji What can I say, I'm a sucker for some good seat tube graphics! Seriously though, with the components on the Cimarron, that would be a good move, and the frame looks like a better fit for a taller rider. Looks like a nice wheelset, too. One thing about the Fuji though is that it has horizontal dropouts, which could be nice down the line if you decide to go single speed (which I seem to do after a while with some of my bikes), then you don't need a chain tensioner. Plus, it's rad

Additionally, I think I know the MTB frame hoarder you are talking about! My Dad lives in Euless and I occasionally check Dallas CL for parts he could send my way and I always see a dude who has the sweetest MTB builds. I have to admit I've screen-shotted several for inspiration.

Good luck!