Old 03-26-24, 09:18 AM
KerryIrons

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
Liked 650 Times in 364 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenMtnCycles
Hello,

I currently have a carbon cx bike and an aluminum hardtail that I also set up rigid from time to time. Recently, the cx broke and it has been an issue getting parts. I am toting the idea of selling it. I am thinking at replacing with a steel build. But with the hardtail, that I sometimes run rigid, I am having a problem justifying it. I see a lot of overlap. I had the cx bike due to racing CX in the past and no longer. I do not plan on racing gravel and only participate in events with the intention for riding. For what it is worth I have a carbon road bike as that is my first love. My question: talk me in to buying a steel gravel frameset or out of buying one.

Thanks!
None of us know your financial circumstances or your riding mix. If cost is no object, then sure, get another bike even if it is mostly going to sit unused. If you're trying to justify it on a "value" basis, I'm not hearing that you really need a bike for that specific type of ride when your MTB seems to fill the bill when locked out. That said, we also don't know anything about the MTB and how well suited it is for the "CX role." You are the only one who knows these things.